The Inspection Report
Home Inspection Seekers – Why do you need to see a sample inspection report?
The inspection report helps guide the inspector through the inspection process, the more detailed the inspection report is, well the more detailed your inspection will be. The inspection report is after all the only tangible record you are left with for your $290 to $900 home inspection cost as well.
Just like inspectors, all reports are not created equal
There is a huge difference between one report and another, and it all starts with the inspection software. The more detailed the report, the more detailed the inspection. As a Pro-Sight Property Inspections Inspector Member we have access to hands down the Superior inspection report in the industry.
What should you look for in a home inspection report?
- Is it detailed.
- Is it written in legalize or in plain English.
- Are there photos along with the deficiencies / issues which were found.
- Do you understand what you are looking at in the photos, circles, arrows, and a description next to the photo helps immensely.
- Is their a summary section. Pro-Sight’s report has two summary sections, one for Comments and one for Issues:
- Comments: General information and marginal items. Please note, some items that are marginal can, over time, turn into major issues if not attended to, repaired or replaced.
Issues: These are items that need repair or replacement and/or additional evaluation by a licensed contractor or certified technician. Safety hazards and/or safety enhancement recommendations are also listed as issues.
- Does the report educate you about the major components of the house, our report certainly does.
- Narrative Sample Report 1 with Photos of Comments and Issues in both the body of the report and the Summary>>
- Narrative Sample Report 2 with Photos of comments and Issues in the Summary section only >>
- Narrative Sample Report 3 with Photos of Comments and Issues in the body of the report only >>
Or you may choose the same report in a checklist version, with the same 3 options as above.
(FYI, the checklist report will create more pages in the Adobe PDF version, versus the above Narrative version).
- Checklist Sample Report 4 with Photos in the body of the report only >>